Civic-Minded Leadership Signature Program
Riverview is a Pre-K through 8th grade school that inspires students to become Civic Minded Leaders. Utilizing tools from Steven Covey’s Leader In Me (LIM) program, Riverview helps all students to develop leadership skills both inside and outside the classroom. Through both direct instruction in the classroom and extracurricular opportunities, students are equipped with the skills they need to lead their own learning and create a culture of leadership where every voice is valued. Our vision is to create a generation of students who think critically about the world around them, dream big, and have the confidence to step into leadership roles in their families, communities, nations, and the world.
- Students engage in personal goal-setting to track academic progress in all content areas
- Students are equipped with skills to lead their own learning, developing their own action plans and monitoring their own progress.
- Provides opportunities for students to lead activities that connect to the arts and their own passion projects both during and beyond the school day.
- Provides a variety of opportunities for students to become athletic leaders both in organized sports and in intramural extracurricular athletic activities.
- Culminating event on Leadership Day in which student leaders host tours to distinguished community guests and showcase leadership skills and initiatives held throughout the school year.