Partnership with El Mirage Opens School Fields to Community
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 5/13/2021
Dysart Unified School District is excited to partner with the City of El Mirage to open El Mirage school fields to the community after school and on weekends. A ceremony was held on May 13 to launch the partnership and officially open the fields.
Participating Dysart schools located within the City of El Mirage include Dysart Elementary School, El Mirage Elementary School, Riverview School, Surprise Elementary School, and Thompson Ranch Elementary School. Hours of availability are after school until dusk on weekdays, and 6:00 a.m. to dusk on holidays and weekends, and on non-school days during the summer. Hours may vary based on school activities and schedules.
“I appreciate the strong support residents of El Mirage give to the children in Dysart schools. Dysart is pleased to share our fields with our neighbors and provide additional recreational space for the City of El Mirage,” said Dysart Superintendent Dr. Quinn Kellis.
“The City of El Mirage is thrilled to offer expanded services to our residents through this important partnership with the Dysart School District,” said El Mirage Mayor Alexis Hermosillo. “Open space, recreational opportunities and neighborhood play areas are so important to the quality of life for our children and families.”
Rules and regulations regarding the use of the Dysart school sites include:
- Alcohol, tobacco, marijuana and vaping products are prohibited on school grounds/buildings and parking lots
- No firearms allowed within 1,000 feet from the grounds of a public school
- No pets allowed, exception for service animals only (Please clean up after service animals)
- Golfing, Archery and Remote Control Aircraft prohibited
- Glass containers are prohibited - Defacing, vandalizing or removal of school equipment is prohibited - ---- No overnight parking or camping allowed
- Motorized vehicles in designated parking areas only, exception for motorized wheelchairs
- Individuals or organizations with a reservation get the first right of the use of the fields. To reserve this facility, please call 623-876-7056.
- Vandalism, broken equipment, water leaks, damaged surfaces, unsafe conditions or maintenance concerns should be reported to 866-463-8738.
Photos of the event can be found here.
Media inquiries should be directed to email@example.com or 623-876-7196.