Dysart Schools Recognized with Cognia Accreditation
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — 3/1/2022
Dysart Unified School District has completed an extensive review process and earned system accreditation by Cognia, a nonprofit organization that provides quality assurance for schools, districts and education service providers.
Cognia, formerly AdvancED, recognizes districts and schools, nationally and internationally, that meet rigorous standards focused on productive learning environments, equitable resource allocation that meets the needs of learners, and effective leadership. Earning accreditation from the Cognia Global Accreditation Commission means that the district and all of its schools are accredited, and that Dysart Unified School District is recognized across the nation and the world as a school district that meets Cognia Standards of Quality and maintains a commitment to continuous improvement.
“Dysart is proud to receive Cognia Accreditation. The rigorous process thoroughly evaluates the entire district and reflects Dysart’s commitment to provide an extraordinary learning experience to students,” said Superintendent Dr. Quinn R. Kellis. “The results and feedback speak to the hard work that our staff does, and gives us valuable insight as we seek continuous improvement.”
To earn accreditation from Cognia, a school district also must implement a continuous process of improvement, and submit to internal and external review. Schools in good standing maintain their accreditation for five years.
Of note from the review team in the final report were five themes:
- The district has created and nurtured a collaborative, welcoming, supportive, cohesive culture and community.
- The district acts together as a focused system to provide pathways and support for students’ success.
- Dysart Unified School District has made exceptional progress and is on-track to continue to utilize assessment and evaluation to ensure efficacy.
- The district has created, and both systemically and systematically aligned all actions with its stated goals, mission, and purpose, which are updated as indicated.
- The relationships and respect established between the Dysart Unified School Board, the superintendent and cabinet, the schools, and the community have established trust and maintained efficacy through changes and challenges.
About CogniaCognia offers accreditation and certification, assessment, professional learning, and improvement services to institutions and other education providers. The result of the merger of AdvancED and Measured Progress, Cognia was formed to bridge the gap between school evaluation and student assessment. As a global nonprofit working in over 80 countries, our 36,000 institutions serve and support nearly 25 million students and five million educators every day. Cognia serves as a trusted partner in advancing learning for all. Cognia is the parent organization of the North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI), Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI). Learn more at cognia.org.