MCDPH to Host free Immunization Clinic July 22
In order to prevent outbreaks of vaccine preventable disease, the Center for Disease Control (CDC) recommends continuing to vaccinate, while following social distancing and cleaning measures. We wanted to share an opportunity that is being provided locally by the Maricopa County Department of Public Health to ensure our students are protected from vaccine preventable diseases and ready to start school when school resumes. Vaccinations are FREE, and all children from preschool through 12th grade are invited. Families with or without insurance and those on AHCCCS are welcome to attend.
The Maricopa County Department of Public Health Immunization Clinic will be held on Wednesday, July 22, 2020 from 8 a.m. - 3 p.m. at Freedom Traditional Academy, which is located at 16066 N Parkview Place, Surprise, AZ 85374.
Families attending will be asked to:
- Bring their own pen;
- Wear a mask, if possible;
- Bring the immunization record for the person being vaccinated;
- Bring the insurance card, if available; and
- Complete the consent form prior to visit, if possible.
In order to ensure safety at the clinic, the following practices will be in place:
- Will practice social distancing and monitoring the amount of people in the building at one time
- Are asking only the person/s needing vaccine and or only one parent or guardian to accompany children. Everyone else is asked to remain outside of the building while practicing social distancing.
- Ask families to maintain social distancing while waiting
- Will clean the area and items between families
- Are asking families to avoid coming to the immunization clinic when you or your child is sick with COVID-19 symptoms, which may include fever, cough, and difficulty breathing.
Questions should be directed to Maricopa County Public Health at 602-506-6767.