Dysart to Begin In-person Classes on September 14 and 21
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE — 9/1/2020
Health benchmark data for the Dysart Unified School District is trending in the right direction, and if the trend continues, Dysart schools will reopen to in-person classes in two phases. On September 14, Kindergarten through fourth, and ninth grade students will return to campus. The following week, September 21, fifth through eighth, and tenth through twelfth graders will return. Students participating in full-time online Dysart iSchool will continue their independent lessons online as long as they are enrolled in iSchool.
Dysart welcomed preschoolers to campus earlier this week. Since mid-August, Learning Labs have been in place as an on-site location for students to participate in remote learning, and Dysart has been providing on-site supports for Exceptional Student Services students as well.
The health and safety of our students and staff is a top priority. Dysart has implemented a number of safety protocols to provide a safe and clean environment when in-person classes resume. This includes:
- Asking parents to screen their children for symptoms before school, and keep children home if they exhibit specific symptoms
- Requiring face coverings for all staff and students except while eating, or during recess or outdoor activities
- Daily temperature checks for all students and staff
- Regular cleaning and disinfecting, especially on high touch surfaces. Hand sanitizer stations and cleaning supplies will be readily available.
- Each school will develop routines for traffic in hallways, seating assignments in classrooms and the cafeteria, and distancing on playgrounds.
To view full details about health screenings, cleaning and disinfecting practices, and safety protocols, visit Dysart.org/BacktoSchool.