PTA/PTODysart Community Coalition (DCC) supports Surprise Elementary, Thompson Ranch Elementary, El Mirage Elementary and Riverview Elementary.
The DCC members support students and staff by raising funds through various fundraisers such as arranging book fairs and cookie dough sales. Funds raised have a specific purpose such as playground recess equipment including balls, jump ropes, etc.
- The next meeting of the Dysart Community Coalition (DCC) is on November 9th at El Mirage Elementary at 4:00 PM.
- First meeting is on August 31st at El Mirage Elementary at 4:15 PM. The agenda for this meeting is meet new members and discuss fundraising and family events.
- Butterbraids fundraiser orders are due on Monday, October 31st. Delivery date is scheduled for November 15th after school.
Parent Interest forms were sent home with students. Contact the office 623-876-7400 or the DCC for more information.
The Site Council's mission is to create a shared vision for curricular and instructional strategies/designs, involving a variety of the members of the school and community who will be most affected by the results.
The Site Council:
- Is advisory to the school administrative staff.
- Is a representative group that solicits input from parents, community, and staff members.
- Reviews literature and data.
- Makes recommendations for school improvement.
- Monitors implementation structure for new instructional designs.
- Provides leadership and representation in the school decision-making structure.
Site Council Applications were sent home with students. The first Site Council meeting is scheduled for September 29, 2022 at 4:15 PM in the Surprise Elementary School library. The September meeting was rescheduled for October 27, 2022.
Site Council Agenda October 27, 2022
Site Council Minutes October 27, 2022
Site Council Minutes March 23,2023
VolunteerOur school community is excited to integrate community members into our schools and programs. Community members looking to get involved and make a difference in the lives of children and their families can volunteer in many ways for our school, offering valuable support to educators!
Learn more at Dysart.org/Volunteer
Tax CreditYou can support Surprise Elementary School and receive a dollar-for-dollar state tax credit. Choose one of the four categories and a school to support, and 100% of your donation goes to the category and school of your choice. Arizona Law (ARS 43-1089.01) allows married couples filing jointly a tax credit of up to $400 and individual taxpayers a tax credit of up to $200 when they contribute to extra-curricular activities in public schools. This tax credit is available to all who reside in Arizona and have a tax liability at least equal to that of their donation. You do not have to be a parent of a child in our school to benefit from this law. Contributions are donated directly to the school. This means your donations are used directly to support student activities here at Surprise Elementary School.
Online Tax Credit Contribution
AZ Tax Credit Contribution Form [PDF]
Mail your check with the Tax Credit Program form to:
Dysart Unified School District No. 89
Attn: Tax Credit Program
15802 North Parkview Place
Surprise, Arizona 85374