Student Records Request
You must request student records at the last school of attendance. Please visit the webpage to view the list of schools to request student education records for students who attended within the last four years. If the student attended more than four years ago, please see instructions below.
For special education records, please contact the ESS department at 623-876-7198 or email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines and Information when requesting Student Records:
- District schools are closed during fall, winter, spring, and summer break.
- Please make arrangements to request records from schools when they reopen.
- Contact the schools directly for school office holiday/break closure dates and times.
High School Diplomas
- DUSD does not keep copies of high school diplomas, nor can diplomas be reordered.
- If you need proof of high school graduation, a transcript will suffice as proof of graduation in lieu of a diploma.
Special Education Records:
- IEP/MET student records requests
- School-to-School or educational program
- Former Student (18 years or older)
- Parent/Guardian of a minor child (under the age of 18)
- Verifications (Department of Economic Security) for special education students only
- Specialized Student Data (Individual Evaluation Records & Specialized reports)
The Dysart Unified School Exceptional Student Services (ESS) department is the custodian of all special education related student records. Please contact the ESS department at 623-876-7198 or email your request to email@example.com.
Please note: Per the State of Arizona student records retention schedule, special education records are not permanent records and are destroyed four (4) years after the school year of last attendance OR from the date the student exited an ESS program. An announcement is placed annually in the local newspapers to give parents/former students over the 18 years of age up to six months to request copies before the records are shredded.
Students currently enrolled (active) and inactive students who have graduated or withdrawn (less than 4 years from the last date of attendance):
- Documents in the Parent Portal allow parents/guardians the ability to view or print grade reports, report cards, schedule information and unofficial transcripts.
- Student Education and Health Records (non-special education) are stored at the last school of attendance.
- You must request student records at the last school of attendance.
- The Records/Archives department does not have access to the cumulative student files.
How do I request records from the last school of attendance?
- Visit the webpage list of Dysart Unified School District schools.
How do I request student records during summer break?
- If you are a school with a summer program requesting high school transcripts, the student will need to request transcripts through Parchment.
- If you are requesting 7th or 8th grade report cards, email your request directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please allow up to 48 hours (two business days) from date of receipt to process your request.
- When school offices reopen in July, all records requests for current students may be directed to the K-8 elementary school or high school.
- If you need other student records besides a high school transcript or 7th/8th grade report card, you may contact the school office when it reopens for the new school year.
Students who have left the school district or graduated (more than 4 years from the date of last attendance):
- Archived Student Records (non-special education) are sent to and securely stored at the District Archives. Archived student records only contain documents deemed permanent in accordance to the Arizona State student records retention schedule used at the time of archiving.
- Archived Student records will only be released with proof of consent by the parent/legal guardian of the minor child (under the age of 18) or to the student (18 years or older)
How do I request student records from archives?
- Request archived records via email to email@example.com.
- Include the student's full name used when he or she attended the school, the date of birth, and the schools/years attended.
- If you are a parent/guardian or a former student (18 years or older) requesting student records, a copy of your government issued photo ID for identification verification must be included with your request.